Monday, September 19, 2016

The rain, the parkway, and other things

A light rain started just after midnight at Wilsons Gap, and kept going until 7:30 -- which, including the time to wring out and pack the wet stuff, delayed my departure until 10:30. The SOBOs staying at the shelter were bemused -- and long gone before I hit the trail.

Moss is the word for the Blue Ridge Parkway, it seems. Here's some photos.



And old stone embankments.



Conversatio this evening with the two early SOBOs, one reporting 22 and a half miles for the day. Did you see the Peaks of Otter? I asked.



Long hike tomorrow ends at the Super 8 in Dalesville. I plan to pick up my car the next day, decompress, and head north on Thursday.

This water is Crayfish Approved

Still life with rhododendron leaf
It isn't easy being light green

No comments:

Post a Comment