Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Decent Start

The strongest motivation I have to finish up the southern part of the AT is that the trip will likely always begin with a trip down one of my least favorite roadways, Interstate 81. It wasn't too difficult today, actually ... but, six hours on a beautiful post-storm autumn day? Perfect for hiking!




When I checked in at Mountain Harbour, Shannon told me that everyone had cancelled out for the weekend, but the weather was fine. Shuttle leaves at 9 am tomorrow morning, rah!

The cat says I'm okay for a Yankee
A cautionary note: the geography down here tends toward small valleys between steeply sloped hills, with doubtful support for online access. My next post may be as late as the 25th, when I return to Mountain Harbour.

No worry necessary,  this still isn't wilderness! There's conveneience stores everywhere, and I do have my satellite emergency beacon with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment