Monday, July 31, 2017

California or Bust!

Closing up an enjoyable break from the road here in Grand Junction, with deepest gratitude to my host and sister Laurie; her able sidekick Negrita also made me feel welcome here for my extended stay.

Laurie invited me to an easy (5 mile) daytime (about 95 degrees F) walk (scramble over "unimproved" trail) to visit Independence Monument.  We managed to get within photo range of the stone pillar's base before turning back in search of a Dairy Queen.



July 4th Climbers 


July 31 Topper
























Tomorrow, I plan to stop at a forest camp near Austin, Nevada.  Wednesday, my trip planner has set up a slow ramble through the mountains near Lake Tahoe before rolling toward Castro Valley to visit with my grandson and his parents for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment