Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Found my boots and grabbed my hat, on the road in seconds flat

More driving today, a survey run to eyeball some support locations I will need.  That same disorienting feeling as I get driving into southwest Virginia these days -- yes, that ridge, and that one, and it took me about three weeks to cover the distance I am traveling today in a couple of hours.

But when I walk, I don't have to deal with eighteen wheelers, RVs, and Harrisburg's roadway insanities. How can a small metropolis have such a convoluted freeway system?

Here's the mountain ridge intersection where I will need a resupply package.

AT trailhead PA 501















A bit of poesy on the trailhead kiosk. Not an award winner, but true to the attitude.



More photos, next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment