Friday, September 29, 2017

Managing my hiking environment

 Very lazy start this morning, making sure that Just Bob was well on his way before I hit the trail. That plus my zero day at Rock 'n Sole Hoatel should put enough distance between us that we won't become, as he said, "likw a small bubble floating south". Sorry, understand that you like having an audience, Bob, but ...

Fortunately, that the hostel owner's dog is apparently not trained fro drug detection, I can still smell traces of Bob's pipe smoke in my clothing. Craig, the hostel co-owner,  is a recently retired state police commander and a staunch Republican. We'll get by.

Wishing there was a way to save these fern covered woodland fields fron the invasiive stiltgrss coming in on hikers's boots. Too late now.

Another friendly visitor this morning.


Shopping run this evening for boot laces and Next trail day is Sunday, October 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment