Friday, September 15, 2017

Warmup on the Ambassador Whitehouse Trail

The pack weighed in at 42 lbs, including water ... it seems to have put on some weight since the Strawberry wilderness hike as well.  We'll burn it off in a couple of days.

Combining tasks, I did an all-up dress rehearsal four mile loop today that included the short trail I co-oversee for the club, and checked on the condition of the bench that Barbara and John built for the scenic overlook.
More visitors appreciating the bench at Paris Overlook

The head says, okay, we can still do this (the eyes may say otherwise), the legs scream "not again!", and the heart say "okay, if we have to, let's do it, we'll feel good about it afterwards"

Kirsten will drive me north to Philadelphia at dawn Saturday, and  I will take a five hour bus ride from there to the Delaware Water Gap.  Sunday, I plan to head south, aiming for the Blue Mountain Summit in a week.  Internet access? Doubtful.


No comments:

Post a Comment